Article Scammers

Avoid Expensive Vet Bills. Insure your Pets Today!

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Unprofessional- You Would Not Say That If It Was You Being Ripped Off

Bookmark and Share

I read a comment down below about putting the watermark on a sample or article. You may think it is unprofessional, but then you brought up a good point, you can just write the article and post it anyway. Yes you could and when the author finds the article that was stolen, they can take action because they have the article in their files with a watermark saying the MONTH, YEAR and DO NOT COPY.

Anonymous said---

This actually strikes me as a tad unprofessional. I DO buy articles and contents and if I asked someone for a sample and got sent something with "do not copy" across the front, I'd wonder why the sender was so blippin' worried about ME stealing their work.

It would just seem a bit hysterical to me, and, honestly, what's to stop someone from just re-typing the content and still publishing it as their own anyway? I just don't think the unprofessional message being sent is worth the pay-off.

It is people who think the way you do that cause authors to take every possible step to protect their articles. Do you know that ripping off articles from other people can cause you a great deal of trouble and problems. For one, if you use the article as your own on your website, I would contact the web-hosting site and report it. If it was a client of yours, I would contact them as I have already done, imagine your reputation when they hear what you did.

I have been doing this ever since and I know longer have fears of being ripped off, I think a professional person should respect an author for their professional approach to copyrighting their own articles until payment is released.

I still receive many jobs and I have never been turned down because I take the time to protect my work and myself. If you have articles you need written, please feel free to ask me for a sample of my work and I will supply it and you can be the first to turn me down.

Labels: ,

  • Make Adwords Work For You
  • 1 Comments:

    • A graphic artist delivers a mock up in PSD, a developer delivers a working copy of a server - how are either of these different from water marking an article? As a self-employed individual, I don't delivery the goods until payment has been initiated. That means if someone orders developer services from me, I do not give them the code until I have received payment. I show them a working copy, and deliver the product after payment.

      It's unfortunate, but it's much easier for the freelancer to be ripped off than the buyer.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 3, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



    << Home


     
    Free Counter
    Free Counter Web Page Rank Icon